Friday, October 25, 2013

sixteen

300:365

Twenty-one years and one week ago we went on our first date.

Sixteen years ago today we pledged our lives to one another.

I have known this guy over half my life. He has made me a better person. He's heard my secrets (and not judged me for them). He knows my dreams and my fears. He has held my hand - and my heart - through joyous times and through pain both physical and emotional. We have had epic blow-out fights that are over and forgotten nearly as quickly as they start (that's what happens in an Italian-Irish household). He keeps me warm at night and makes me laugh unexpectedly. He works his ass off and travels too much and pisses me off by leaving his socks everywhere. He's the best roommate I ever had. He's an incredible father.

He's my best friend.

I love you, my Mocholate. Happy anniversary, husband.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home