Saturday, April 07, 2012

eggstra special memories

98:365

We dyed our Easter eggs today.

She made hers pink, because that's her favorite color right now. Accordingly, she made mine green and Daddy's blue. Hootie got a yellow one.

Then she put an egg in all four colors, rotating it between bowls arbitrarily until she decided it was done. That one she deemed the "family egg."

And then 15 minutes later she ate the family egg as part of her lunch.

We don't buy fancy egg decorating kits. We don't have special wire egg holders, or disposable egg dying cups, or egg drying racks.

I dye eggs with my daughter exactly how my mom dyed eggs with me: mugs, spoons, boiling water, a little bit of vinegar, white crayons, newspaper, and food coloring from a package that still looks exactly like it did when I was a kid. It may be old-fashioned, but I loved it and I hope Zozer does, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home