Friday, February 18, 2011

Snowshoe Girl

What I did and saw today was nothing short of amazing. I walked on snow seven to eight feet thick. I walked on three lakes (Bear, Nymph, and Dream). I fell into "tree wells" and had to crawl out of snow that came up to my thigh. I slid down embankments and walked down snow-covered creeks. I saw Stellar Jays and some little Nuthatches that were overly friendly (think Tippi Hedron). I walked through freshly-fallen snow where there was no trail, where it would be impossible to traverse in the spring, summer, and fall. I fell on my ass and learned how to lean back and "ski" in snowshoes. I laughed...a lot. And mostly was in awe of Mother Nature yet again. That never gets old.

I'm already sore but it was worth every ache.

More to come. The iPhone allows only a few pix to be emailed at one time, and that's how I'm doing my updating this weekend. So please excuse any fat-finger typos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home